Friday, October 9, 2009

The tight roll has a purpose? who knew!!!

So I went to lunch today and I'm just PRAYING to get back to work before this horrific storm hits.  The sky is black and I knew this was gonna be a freaking ridiculous monsoon - right!!??   So I rush my butt off at lunch, trying to get back and inside the building before it hits.
Nope - didn't make it.  Pulled in the parking lot and began to gather my belongings to get out of the truck - when all of a sudden, the sky opened up!   GREAT!  I'm trapped in my truck.  (which was cool for a minute cause I got to catch up on all the blog comments from recent posts!)  BUT I have to get back inside.  So as I'm gathering my things to make a run for it, I remembered how much I HATE walking in the rain in my dress pants.  They ALWAYS get freaking soaked and then I have to sit with my legs over my heater for the next 30 minutes to dry them out!
BUT - - lightbulb - I had an idea!
I tightrolled my pants!!!  LMAO!  yes I did!  rolled those suckers right up, put up my umbrella and headed for the door!  Got inside, unrolled them (although I contemplated rolling into my department like that just to see what kind of looks I got!)  ha ha
ANYWAY - point of the story - THERE IS A PURPOSE for tight rolling your pant legs!  (besides a dorky fashion faux pas from the 90's?!?!)
Who knew?!?!?
My pant legs are dry as a bone!  =)

6 comments:

Lee said...

Happened to me too today! Are you in Texas??

tifanie said...

Saw a chick walking into the mall the other day with tight rolled jeans and for a sec, I thought hmmmm.... :) She was normal looking too! Might be on to something!

Tami G said...

Tif - NO WAY that can be coming back into style. NOOOOOOOO - please tell me NO!!! skinny jeans are bad enough!!!

Lee - i'm in KY!

Unknown said...

That's a wonderful idea! But I, too, hope it's not a look that's coming back into style. Not that I'm ever in style anyway, but...you know what I mean!

Anonymous said...

Tight roll, sounds like so many other things-ha ha ya know!

Sandra Wilkes said...

You are one smart cookie! I wouldn't have thought of that! Next time, though, I'll be ready Freddy! No more wet pant legs for me!