Friday, October 2, 2009

Some days are harder than others....


I try really hard every day to get up and put on my smiley face to face the world, but some days are harder than others.  Yesterday was mentally, emotionally and physically harder than I have had in a long time.  Well, this entire week has been pretty draining overall, but yesterday might have just been the breaking point for me.
So - early this morning I started this post.  It was full of whining and crying and moaning and groaning about how terrible my week has been and how HORRIBLE yesterday was most of all.
But then I remembered how much I hate whiners.  They just annoy the crap out of me.
So - instead of going on and on about all the CRAP I've been through this week - I decided instead to make a list of all the things that I am THANKFUL for in my life!
When you have a really bad day - it's the best thing you can do for yourself.  So many times we get overwhelmed and take the good things in life for granted!  Today - I'm making myself take the time.

1.  My son  (he's my little lifesaver and has no idea.)
2.  My and my son's good health  (got my flu shot today too - yay me!)  *bonus:  no piggie flu in my house!*
3.  My wonderful parents who are still around and ALWAYS there when I need them!
4.  My 2 wonderful brothers and their respective wife & fiance.... all of which I love with all my heart!
5.  The best friends that a girl could ever ask for...and lots of them.
6.  My job (though I hate it some days, I'm lucky to still have one)
7.  The opportunity and ability to still be going to school and still 33 years later, fighting to better myself
8.  A roof over my head
9.  A vehicle in good working order to get me where I need to go
10.  My iPhone (ha ha ha haaaaaa - what can I say - I love it!)
11.  My church and my pastor (a true man of God and who reminds me how to get back when I get lost.)
12.  Those special people that you come across in life that unknowingly touch you and never even know it.

I could go on and on and on........but I'm already smiling and thanking God for all the good things in my life!
I hope this makes you smile and reminds you how lucky we all really are   =)
HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Secretia Teller said...

That was good enough to be a Thanksgiving Day grace!

ashley said...

Your blog entry was such a nice reminder for me to also take the time to thank my lucky stars. We are both blessed beyond measure, even on days that have clouds looming over. Love you friend

Lee said...

Ahhhh, George. Thank you for that!

Tami G said...

We are lucky and how often we forget!
I will likely need someone to remind me of this again on another day... I'm not always so positive ;-)