Thursday, September 3, 2009

We are all the same - how often we forget!


Today I had someone approach me with a personal problem. This someone is not someone I would normally place on the same level playing field as myself. Prominent, well-to-do, etc... Someone you look at and think - "GOSH, if only I had that money or those opportunities, my life would be so perfect!"

Anyway...... I won't go into details of what the family problem is - but the weird thing is, I rarely talk to this person and today - this person came right to my door and just began to spill his guts. On a very personal level!!

The irony of the situation is this - what he began to tell me about - I have personally been through! And I was able to help... He didn't know that walking through my door. He just knows what I do in my job and thought maybe that I would be able to point him in a direction. BUT little did he know - what he's going through - I have been through on a personal level and was able to share more than he ever expected.

Now I know there are many many many reasons why things happen in our lives. And at the time we never understand those reasons. But I can tell you - today - today reminded me of the many many things I have been through in life.....and never understood at the time.

But those things, those days that made me CRAZY and left me wondering where I was in life.. those experiences make me who I am today and make me ABLE to do the things I love! I'm a giver, a helper, a friend, a listener, a supporter......that's what I was put on earth to do. it's what I'm good at! It's who I am and what I love to do....Therefore more times than not - when my friends or acquaintances are going though life's challenges, I'm able to be there for them.......to listen, to help, to cry, whatever they might need!

THESE are the days that make me proud to be ME and happy to have experienced life in the crazy way that I have lived it!

So - on the days when you feel bad about a decision you have made or you feel like the world is out to get you OR you look at someone and ENVY their life or all they have... remember - we all have a purpose and a road to follow.

People come in and out of lives for reasons.... we have good days and bad days for reasons! SMILE and know that one day it will all make sense.

Someone will always be prettier; Someone will always be smarter; Someone's house will always be bigger; Someone will drive a better car.

So let it go and love you and your circumstances.
The prettiest woman in the world could have hell in her heart.
The most highly favored woman at work may be unable to have children.
The richest person you know might be the loneliest!
LOVE you! Love who you are!
and remember.....

To the world you might just be one person - but to one person you just might be the world!

1 comment:

TamiG said...

UPDATE: the person that I was referring to has been back to see me...and reported that they took my advice and all is working out just fine! :) THANK GOD for all my trials and tribulations ;-)