I hope everyone had a great New Years Eve last night. Adam and I spent time with his kids at some friends. It was a good night and a great way to start 2010.
So - in light of it being New Years Day and all, I guess I must succumb to the New Years resolution game. So while I can sit for days and tell you all the good things in my life - I can also take the time to ponder on all that is wrong in my life that I need to work on.
First of all - the GOOD from 2009:
More Proof that I have the best friends a girl could ask for
Went sky-diving - YAY - jumped from a plane.
Took a spontaneous trip to FL for Memorial Day
Auditioned for Bachelorette (ohhhh, YES I did - LOL)
Took Zack to his first college (UNC) basketball game at Rupp!
Ran a 5K (whoooooo hoooooooooo!!!)
Played softball with my brothers and their significant others!
(1st time ever playing..ha ha - but it was fun!)
And finally - the best thing ever to happen to me in 2009 - I met and fell in love with the man of my dreams!!! I could not be any happier!
So - in light of all the good in my life, I have just as many mistakes made in 2009 that need to be corrected! Therefore - I'm posting my list of "resolutions" to work on in 2010.
- First and foremost (and soooooo typical) is my finances. I need to budget better, stop "impulse" buying and work better to pay bills on time, rather than waiting till the last day of the "late period" ha ha. Also want to work to get my credit cards paid off. There is not THAT much on them and there is NO reason why I can not get that paid off and put them up. Big thing is STOP trying to live outside my means (as my mother likes to say..)
- Another thing I want to work on is getting better organized with my schedule. I love being spontaneous and living life by the seat of my pants, BUT some days, that's just not feasible. I would like to make a schedule on Sunday night for the week so I know where I have to be and where Zack has to be and when.
- As clique as this may sound, I've been on the track already of getting in better shape and healthier - and I have made progress! BUT - the thing is I have got to get back on track (done some slacking over the holidays) and I am determined to have a flat stomach by summer AND be more toned! Better eating and schedule work outs AND RUNNING in that new organized schedule :)
- Another personal goal - I want to run another 5K and beat my time! (time to beat - 36 minutes!)
- One more goal for 2010 is to get accepted into the Sonography program. This may or may not be out of my hands, but I will do everything in my power to get accepted into the program. *mainly by starting to pray NOW!*