Friday, May 21, 2010

Prayer for ducks and monkeys... it's all I have to give.

I read a quote today on facebook
and it said:

"What you pray about is what you depend on God for.  What you don't pray about shows where you think you don't need Him"

My thoughts and prayers go out to you today Daffy!!!
(For those of you who don't know - she lost her sister unexpectedly.)
For more details, please go visit her and show her LOTS of love and support


Bloggy Blog Designz


I have seen a love and support in blog world over these past few days that I never really knew existed.  You have touched many Daffy - and for that reason - I am proud to call myself your BF!  ;-)
I will keep you and your family in my prayers.... it's all I have to give, but it's stronger than anything else that I could possibly give.

Please let us know if you need anything at all......


Mission Monkey


Hello blog-world! I am participating in what's known around the world as Mission Monkey day! What is Mission Monkey you ask? Well, there's this blogger friend of ours known as Pixie Momma, aka Michelle. Michelle has a little girl, or Monkey as she's known by who was diagnosed with Neuroblastoma. To learn more about it, click here. Monkey is a sweet little 16 month old girl. She doesn't deserve this. Nobody deserves this.

But the good news is that Monkey only has Stage 1 (low risk). The bad news is the medical bills are mounting and the Physical Therapy (starts today) isn't covered by insurance. Michelle is using the donated money to offset medical bills. She will donate and unused portion to another family dealing with the same issue.

If you would like to help donate money, you can click on the Mission Monkey button in the top right corner of my blog.  If you can't donate money, there are many other ways to help.  Go visit Michelle and show her love and support and then send up LOTS of prayers!

There seems to be alot of "life" going on all around us ...

I have a very good friend who recently lost his grand dad and is surrounded by sickness....
Preacher T left for work this morning, he will be gone and flying around for a week...
I have a good friend struggling with alcohol...
I have a good friend struggling with a relationship...
and some friends struggling just with life in general!

I hope that each of you take the time to -

#1 - thank the Lord above for all the blessings in your life!  Never get so bogged down in the turmoil that you miss the blessings you receive along the way.  God has a plan and trusting in THAT will get you through the dark days..  Jeremiah 29:11 - For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord.  Plans to prosper you and not harm you.  Plans to give you hope and a good future.

and #2 pray for all those around you who needed to be uplifted in prayer.
We all need prayer....
and right now - Duckalicious and Monkey need some extra......so give all you can give!

"What you pray about is what you depend on God for. What you don't pray about shows where you think you don't need Him"

No comments: