Wednesday, November 9, 2011

FACES

God has given you one face and you make yourself another - Shakespeare

Behind my smile is a broken heart,
behind my laugh, I'm falling apart
Look closely at me, and you will see
the girl I am, is the girl I am not.

The battle between these two
who I am and who I pretend to be
Slowly creeps in, and before I know it,
I have become the one, God never intended me to be.

Holding on to a past, holding onto a heart
that never was mine, not even a part.
Holding on to beliefs and values and truth,
but it can't be done when you refuse to see.

That behind my smile is a broken heart,
behind my laugh, I'm falling apart
Look closely at me, and you will no longer see
the boy that you are, but who you pretend to be.

Now I look at your faded smile
through my broken heart
And know that the face that God gave you
is forever hidden in the dark.

3 comments:

Shell said...

My heart breaks for you. *hugs*

Spilling Ink said...

It passes Tami, it really does.

Cora said...

I'm so very, very sorry. It will get better, I promise.