Monday, September 10, 2012

Motivational Monday.... Let your Light shine!!

Happy Monday peeps!!!


It's that day we all dread... the start of another work week...
Please allow me to shine a little light to get this started!!

What did you do this weekend??

Wanna know what I did???

I spent Friday night at the gym!!!
 Check my CHUCKS!!!    ------->>>>>>>

AND I got up Saturday morning when it was gray and rainy and yucky and would have been a perfect day to lay around on the couch and eat and watch movies all day.. and I took my butt to the gym!!  And commenced to working it off!!
Then Sunday - I cleaned and cleaned and cleaned...  (cleaned out the scary closet where Freddy Kruger lives at my house... THAT was a BIG chore!!)

My lower back HURTS.  My shoulders are sore.  My butt is sore.  My hamstrings are DYING.  And I have a bruise on the back of my neck where the bar sat while I did "good mornings"  (those consist of holding a bar behind your neck, standing straight up with it and bending forward till your back is straight - and then raising back up!!)
I'm walking funny, I hurt, I'm sore.....
And I've never felt BETTER!!!

People complain on a daily basis about how they look and how much weight they have/are gaining.... but then don't do anything about it!  Just complain that there is no time.... and I admit - I've been just as bad as the next...
but (with my GREAT motivation and pushing) I'm finally working out on a regular basis... every week, multiple times a week - and others may not be able to see it - but I CAN SEE IT!!!  I can feel it!!!  My muscles are stronger and tighter... and believe it or not - even when I hurt, it feels good!
Because I KNOW I'm making changes!
I know because I can FEEL my body changing.
The pain is proof that I am working!
And it's actually rewarding.

So on this Monday morning -  Keep trying.  Each day you get better.  Each day STRIVE to be better.  Set a goal and brag on yourself as you take steps in the direction that you WANT to go.  It isn't just self gratification - it serves as encouragement and motivation for all of those around you. 
Be proud
Stand tall
Encourage each other
Support each other
Grow TOGETHER

I heard the following on a movie (Coach Carter) and I thought what better way to start the week....

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.  Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.  It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us.  Your playing small does not serve the world.  There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.   
We were all meant to shine as children do.  
It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone.  And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.  
As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.


Help me to pour out encouragement to everyone around me.... even myself!!

I hope everyone has a GREAT week!!!
Be GREAT today!  :)

No comments: