Friday, February 17, 2012

Looking for an easy button..

Everyone focuses on that day when life gets easier.
Even as children we start to look ahead.. to when things will get "easy"
lower stakes
more reward...
Easier.
Why do we strive for just that?
Why do we think we can't be happy until life gets EASY.
Why do we think that life will EVER be easy....

Why do we think that specific things will make life "EASIER"
more money
better job
more friends
better friends

What if life doesn't get easier...
What if life IS about the struggles.. what if that is "just life"?
what if life is just a series of days that sometimes seem easier and sometimes seem harder

I think we should work for the day that we realize that what we strive for..
is to be HAPPY.
NOT for things to be easy.

Strive for the day when you finally realize that....
There WILL be hard times
There will be days when you don't want to get out of bed
You heart WILL be broken
You WILL be let down
You will be disappointed
You will encounter people that do nothing but bring you down
You will be taken advantage of
You will treated like less than you are worth

And it will be hard
BUT it won't kill you!
.... through all of those things
all of those struggles
You grow stronger, you get smarter
And you finally realize
WHAT REALLY IS IMPORTANT.

YOUR HAPPINESS!!!!!!
and you can only have that - when you allow yourself.

A friend sent me this quote today:
 "Everyone you meet comes with baggage.  Find someone who loves you enough to help you unpack"

Surround yourself with people who love you
Surround yourself with family and friends and loved ones that are there for you....
not just looking for life to get easy.
Find the people that will hold your hand and give your their shoulder for when times get bumpy
Find the ones that will help you unpack.

Some might read this and think it's depressing, to admit that life never gets easy.
I however,  hope you find comfort in this.....
Because there is a relief in it all.
There is relief in knowing that you don't have to FIGHT to make things easier.
Instead you get to LIVE every day for what it is.
The good, the bad, and the ugly
And KNOW that it may not be easy today, but tomorrow it just might be.
Know that you don't have to FIGHT to prove anything or win any one's approval

You just get to LIVE.
And that my friends.... is easier when you aren't constantly TRYING to make it easier!
Stop waiting for things to get easy and just....... LIVE

I am very thankful for the lessons I have learned (most the hard way)
And I am very thankful that my life HAS NEVER been "easy"
It's been set into motion just as it should
And in the end, I can say that God has surrounded me with people who "help me unpack" when ever I need it!
LIVE
LAUGH
LOVE.
That is all.

1 comment:

Scope said...

I don't know about "easier", I just want certain people to stop making things harder just for the sake of being an @$$.

I think you know the types.