Monday, August 19, 2013

Cube Method training ~Week Eight

Training Log - The Cube Method

Preparing for BATTLE...
my Journey in Powerlifting

WEEK EIGHT
(only ONE to go before MOCK MEET!)

My weights are based off my max lifts, whether they be in the gym or in training.

Squat - 185
Bench - 105
Deadlift - 240

Week 8

Week 1 - find it here.. Cube method - Week one
Week 2 - found here...   Cube Method - week two
Week 3 - found here... Cube method - Week Three
Week 4 - here...  Cube Method - Week Four
Week 5 - HERE... Cube Method - Week Five
Week 6 - found here.... Cube Method - week six
Week 7 - find it here.. Cube Method - Week Seven

This - Week EIGHT - is probably one of THE best weeks I have had in my training thus far.  Mentally... By that I mean, I am having fun... I am actually ENJOYING my work outs.  I'm doing stuff I couldn't do before.  I'm getting stronger and I can actually feel it and see it!!  It's crazy!
I mean - before... I could theoretically look back at my old lifts and by the numbers, I could see that I have to be stronger.  Logically.  But through this weeks training - I actually FEEL stronger!  I can do things I NEVER thought I would be able to do!
And for me...... THAT is untouchable!

So here we go.........

Explosive squats
Foam rolling/stretching
Band pull aparts 100
*since I've gone heavy the past few weeks in the squat suit, I decided to truly do explosive work with lighter weight this week.  And it felt GREAT!*
Squat 5 x 2 @ 70%  (125#)
Olympic squat 5 x 5  (2@80#, 3@90#)
Leg extension 4 x 15
Leg curl 3 x 12
KB swings  3 x 15
Plank - 1 minute 45#

Rep bench
Foam rolling/stretching
Band Pull aparts - 100
*once again - I'm banned from the flat bench.... here's hoping this brings up my bench!*
Incline bench - 45 x 5, 55 x 5, 60 x 5, 65 x 3, 70 x 3, 75 x 3, 80 x 3, 85 x 2, 90 x 1.   AND......... it felt so good I decided to see if I could push it.... 95 x 1  *New Rep PR*!!!  If I can hit 95 on incline - I SHOULD be able to hit 100+ EASY on the dad-blame FLATBENCH!!!  right!!??
Incline DB 3 x15 (20#)
Military 3 x 8  (45#)
DB shrugs 3 x 15 (35#, 40#, 45#)  
Band pull downs 4 x 25
Kroc rows 3 x 8 (35#)

Plank 1:30 (25# plate)   *lowered the weight, lengthened the time*

HEAVY Deadlift

Foam rolling/stretching
Band Pull aparts - 100
*Texas Deadlift Bar * Pulled ALL SUMO tonight to work up heavy off 4" blocks
Deadlift - work up... 135x5, 155 x 3, 185x1, 205 x 1, 225 x 1,  245 x 1, 275 x 1 and 300 x 1!!!
whoooooooo hoooooooooo!!!!
Here's VIDEO!!!

275 went pretty easy... 300 was a bit more a challenge... but good indicator that strength is coming up!!!







Dead sumo 165 x 5 x 3
Deadlift to knees (this is done from the ground with a good pause at the knee before pulling all the way up!)
135 x 3 x 2.... for my last set - I repped it out... felt great.  135 x 12!

Rows 3 x 8 (75#)
SSB Wide Stance squat  60 x 5, 70 x 5, 80 x 5, 90 x 5, 110 x 1, 130 x 1, 140 x 1
Back raises 3 x 15

Bodybuilding Night
Pull aparts 100
Military 25 x 10, 35 x 8, 45 x 8, 60 x 5 x 5, 70 x 1, 80 - FAILED   Grrrrrrrrr
Incline DB  20 x 15, 25 x 10 x 2, 30 x 6
Calf raises 60
"Jose" Leg Extensions   15 bottom half, 15 top half, 5 full.    3 sets

I am now ONE more training week out from my MOCK meet for the Cube.
Feeling pretty good although thinking about that DANG bench still gives me butterflies.  I haven't flat benched in WEEKS... but my overhead press and my incline bench press have both gone up and gotten stronger.... soooooooo - Here's hoping!!
I feel stronger, just hope it SHOWS on the flat bench!

I also sent my baby boy off to college this week.  Everyone was betting I wouldn't make it to the gym for bodybuilding night after spending a day moving my baby boy out.
But I DID!
We got everything moved and got him settled him in and ready for big boy life!!!

(this might be the cleanest his dorm ever looks... with his AWESOME quilt!! )

I did a little blog about him leaving home... you can also check it out here!
Sending my baby off to college



Let's get it started this week.....  Work HARD and prepare for that platform

OHHHHHHHHHH - also......... BONUS!!!!
We competed in an APA meet back in June and they finally got the KY records updated!!!
Look at me..... Holding Records!!!!
just Kentucky records.... and they are not anywhere NEAR some of the other federation records in Kentucky.... but they are on the books none-the-less.... and I am proud!!!
Because LESS than a year ago - those didn't exist!!
It may be small and a loooooong way from BIG - but I am slowly building a "Tammy Green" in the powerlifting world.
I couldn't be more happy!


No comments: