Sunday, July 21, 2013

Cube Method - Week Four

Training Log - The Cube Method

Preparing for BATTLE...
my Journey in Powerlifting

WEEK FOUR

(as previously stated)  My weights are based off my max lifts, whether they be in the gym or in training.
Squat - 185
Bench - 105
Deadlift - 240

Week 4


Week 1 - you can find it here.... Cube method - Week one
Week 2 - can be found here...   Cube Method - week two
Week 3 - found here... Cube method - Week Three

Before I start with my log for this past week, I'm just gonna put this out there.... I SUCK at dieting!!  I've been somewhat off kilter this week... I think mainly because I'm not dieting well and it not only makes me feel like crap physically - but also mentally.  It makes me feel like I'm failing myself.  I constantly convince myself that I'm still eating better than I could be eating... so it's not THAT bad.  It's just an excuse ... to be lazy... and not hold myself accountable for what I'm putting in my body.
I'm not talking about a chip here and there... I'm talking about going to the movies and eating Sweettarts, gummy bears, and Starburst.. on top of drinking THREE Mt Dews already that day!  TERRIBLE!
So I've spent my day today in the kitchen... trying to do a little meal prep!

Heavy squats
Foam rolling/stretching
Band Pull aparts - 100
Squat 1 x 2 @ 85% (150) NO knee wraps   2 x 2 @ 85% (150) WITH knee wraps
Squat  - 160 with NO wraps - FAIL
Squat - 185 (my max, only done one time) - FAIL.  Knee wraps were TIGHT, fell forward a bit.  Brad pulled me back a bit and I pushed through the lift.  Gotta get used to HEAVY knee wraps!!
Video of 185 below -thanks to my awesome spotter ;-)  And the inappropriate yelling of "BREASTS" at the end of my video!  ha ha
SSB Good Mornings 3 x 8
Leg Extension 3 x 20
Lunges 3 x 12
Back Raises - 60
Plank - 1 min (+45# plate)





Explosive bench
Foam rolling/stretching
Band Pull aparts - 100
Flat bench 6 x 2 @ 65% (70)   Slingshot  75 x 2 x 2,  85 x 2 x 2
Incline DB 3 x 15
Standing DB Military 3 x 10  

Band Pressdown 100
Band Fly 3 x 15

Deadlift
Foam rolling/stretching
Band Pull aparts - 100
work up to a heavy weight 95x5(conv) x5 (sumo), 135x3(conv) x3(sumo),185x2 (sumo), 205 x 1 (sumo), 225 x 1 (sumo) *this is PR for Sumo pull*  240 (sumo) attempted twice, failed twice.  That is my all time PR for a deadlift (usually conventional pull)
*Video below of my "sumo sampling" Shows my 225 pull, 240 fail and reps with 175*
Dead sumo 175 x 3 x 3
Stiff Leg Dead  95 x 8 x 2, 135 x 3 x 1
Rows 55 x 8 x 3
Leg curls  3 x 15
*I quit early this night... did not feel good.  Ended up with a pretty bad headache later that night*





Bodybuilding Night
Foam rolling/stretching
Band Pull aparts - 100
Squats - 5 x 5 (105#)   No knee wraps
Calf Raises 45
Military press  35 x 10 x 5
Flat Bench 5x5 (70#)
DB Bicep   3 x 12
Tricep skull crushers 3 x 12
Leg extension 3 x 15
Plank (with 45# plate)  1 min

TONIGHT...... we begin again.

No comments: