Thursday, July 11, 2013

Throw (the weight) back Thursday!!

So clearly, most of you that follow me, know I started lifting weights.... for FUN right.  :)

Well I'm having a bit of a moment... so I wanted to try to convince myself I HAVE made progress in this sport.  Not just in numbers, but in dedication and form and LOVE and all those other things that are important...  Some days I just feel like I could be and SHOULD BE doing more....

So anyway.... today I thought I would journey back in time...
....browse through a few old blogs and see what I could come up with regarding where I was a little while back in time...

Here is a video of me today  (this is 205)...

Worked on my sumo deadlift last night.  This is not the MOST weight I have deadlifted, but it IS the most I have pulled using the sumo form rather than conventional.
So I will share that video first...



Then - I tell ya what - let's compare this video to the video of my first competition.  Last December.  Bless my heart I had NO idea at that point what I was getting myself into.

But I DO remember feeling decent about my deadlift until some other girl came up behind me and pulled 300 pounds.  It was that day that I found my edge... and something to work for.  It was that day that the fire was started in my soul to WANT to go back and be better than I was before!

Here is my first ever deadlift competition.... 195 pounds   My personal record coming out of the gate!





And then - lets compare apples to apples.
The first video I shared is the most current, and it's SUMO deadlift.   Here is my most current deadlift using the conventional form - which is what I used in that video from my first meet (the 195 pull).   Amazing how much different my form is in just 6 months.

THIS video is my all time personal RECORD for deadlift.  240 pounds


So anyway - the point being that I HAVE made progress.  I have made it in numbers and in other ways too.  But sometimes I spend all this time running around Instagram and the interwebz and I get frustrated thinking there is so much more I could and should do....
And I could and SHOULD be so much further along and better than I am.

Yes - I AM my own worst enemy.

No comments: