Monday, February 18, 2013

Motivational Monday ~The Cube Method~

Good morning all!!
I wanna say how happy I am to be alive this morning and how thankful I am that I can even walk. It may not be pretty.. but I'm walking!!

We started a new work out program last night called The Cube Method. It was developed by Brandon Lily. He is a very large, AWESOME, Super Strong power lifter.  (Brad has met him and says he is a super great guy!  I'm going to meet him in two weeks, at the Arnold.... along with my girl crush!!)

Anyway, since I have been working out with these guys, I have run a couple of different programs with them... last night was BY FAR one of the hardest I have done.

And as sore and BEAT DOWN as I was last night, this morning gives me a great new perspective.

I did it.
I made it.
I survived the ENTIRE workout.

I have been working out with them for 7 months now and I would say I have been SERIOUS about getting stronger since December.  That's TWO months of mental and physical HARD WORK to get stronger!!
I can promise you that 7 months ago I would have NEVER been able to keep up with those boys!!  In fact the first time I walked into the gym and saw the magnitude of the weights they move, I was literally in awe.  Like mouth dropping disbelief AWE....

Now granted, my heavy lifts are not up to what they do - but for me... I have come a long way and I couldn't be MORE proud!!

So - HAPPY Monday to you all!!!
Stand up today and be proud of where you are.  Look at where you were 1 year ago... are you where you wanted to be now?
Did you set goals that you have met or are working towards??
If not - make some.  Set some goals.  Aspire to be somewhere.

.... and then - DO THE WORK!!
that's all it takes.

"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream."
C.S. Lewis


Here is Brandon Lilly in all his glory!!

And here is just the FIRST night of the CUBE METHOD.   This is how I spent my night last night.   What did you do to work toward YOUR goal??

Squat: warm ups.
5 sets of 2 x 110 lb squats
3 sets of 8 x 85 lb good mornings
3 sets of 20 leg extensions (25 lbs)
3 sets of 12 lunges (with a bar 25 lbs)
60 back raises.
2 sets of 50 banded leg curls on each leg

Add all that together and what you get is JELLO for legs!!!!!!!

Happy Monday and have a great week everyone!!!  :)

No comments: