Sunday, January 1, 2012

Good Riddance 2011

Yeah yeah yeah........
Midnight came and went.
The ball dropped.
The world didn't come to an end.
I'm still here and it's 2012 now.
Big Whoop!
What big phenomenon happened at the stroke of midnight that was sooooo life changing?
Nothing.

My friends were all out celebrating with their significant others
My brothers with their wives.
My son out with his friends.
ALL as it should be.

Yeah - I went out with some friends.  And I had a great time.
But the clock struck midnight and everyone kissed and embraced and thanked God for the year that passed and the year to come and for the loved ones in their lives!
ME?  I just sat there alone and watched the ball drop.
Again.  Big Whoop!

I'm not a pessimist.
I'm not.
I know 2011 brought me GREAT things.  (I finished school.  I got a job.  I passed my boards.)
BUT right now - I swear all I can do is look back over 2011 and think the BIG thing I brought out was that BIG FAT LABEL on my head......... "DIVORCED!"
it's like the Scarlet Letter!

Thanks 2011
Thanks for showing me a big flat slap in the face!
Thanks for reminding me tonight that I am alone going into 2012.
thanks for also reminding me that my HUSBAND, the man I committed to love and cherish till death do us part has moved on and is ALREADY dating someone else.
Thanks for also reminding me that the person he is DATING now - he "JOKED" (and I use that term loosely) about TO ME.... while we were married - saying he was going to ask her out!  YES.  to my face!
Big fat joke right?!!!!!!!!

Thanks 2009 for bringing him into my life.
Thanks 2010 for the wedding
and thanks 2011 for showing me what a lying cheating disrespectful unfaithful man looks like up close and personal!!!!!!!!!

Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bring on 2012
I hope you have something better to offer!

I"ll look at the good things in my life tomorrow.
Tonight - I'm just gonna be bitter.

2 comments:

Scope said...

I hope by the end of the year, you have met a man WORTHY of kissing you on New Year's Eve.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.