Friday, June 21, 2013

Turning over "leafs"... and growing trees!

It never fails, after I have a crappy day... and spend a little time reflecting on things... that the VERY NEXT day there appears a GIGANTIC fire under my butt!!!

No time for pity party hats over here!!

I am instead focusing on how my life has changed and grown and how I am better today than I was before.

YES - I am going to toot my own horn!
And you should too!

Toot your horn, pat yourself on the back, stand a little taller and be PROUD!!!
(If you need help doing that, hit me up - I will SHOW you all the positive around you.  I will SHOW you how easy it is to be proud of where you are AND I will motivate you to keep going!)

First of all - My sweet baby boy is a MAN.  (on paper anyway!  ha)   I raised this little boy through good and bad, through some pretty rough times and sometimes on nothing at all but prayers, hopes and dreams.... And today I finalized his registration for college.  My baby boy is going to college.  My baby boy has grown up with a heart like none other and hopefully with just a smidgen of my drive to go out into this world and BE SOMETHING!!!  Leave a mark!
This single mommy did that.  I raised him, I taught him, I tried to be a positive role model and example and I pushed him to never give up!  *I'm not saying I did it alone...he has been loved and supported by many*
I am PROUD of who he is today and where he is going  :))

I love my job.  YES.  I do.  I quit a full time job and went BACK to school in order to find a career that is fulfilling for me.  Something I could do with passion.  There are days that are more stressful than others... and days I wanna kill someone... but that is normal.  Right?!!  LOL   But seriously.... I love what I do.  I even love that I work with patients every day.  I interact.  I meet people.  I hear stories - some that impact me!  And I tell stories... some that I hope have some impact on someone else.   This life is all about helping each other and being kind to one another.   Why is that so hard for people to understand?!!  Just BE NICE!  You never know when something you say can either make or BREAK someone's day.  Be kind.  Smile.  Enjoy every day of your life.  You never know when the direction might change... and there are things you can never get back!

I have THE best boyfriend of all time!  Who else would get up and fix me scrambled eggs EVERY day before work??!!  To keep me in line and on my diet!  No excuses!!  Who else would stick with me through all my insanity  hee hee * (insert one of my Lido "diddys"!!  ha)*  Who else would have the patience to work out with me {a newbie!} on a regular basis and not kill me?!  ha!  No one knows me like this man.   And for SURE no one LOVES me like that man!   I am one lucky little princess!

I am officially a GYM RAT.  Yes - I can say that now.   And I'm proud of that!  So many times before.. I thought I would get into shape.. blah blah blah....  But it never lasted.  What is that saying about making something a habit?  It takes how long?!!   BLAH   I don't think there is a defined time limit.  I think there is a defined PASSION that you must find in order to make a lifestyle change.   You can't make that decision for someone else and no one can make it for you.  To be totally dedicated you have to want it for YOURSELF!!!
And when you make that decision - people will look at you funny!!!   Guaranteed!
Because who WANTS to eat healthy and work out all the time...??
ME!!!
I AM A POWERLIFTER!!!!
WHAT?!!!
And I'm a GIRL (in case y;'all missed that memo!)
I have officially competed in TWO full power lifting meets.  (and a push pull meet that wasn't sanctioned) 
I am listed on the interwebzz YO!!!! 
APA (American Powerlifting Assoc) and SPF (Southern Powerlifting Federation).
WHAT?!!
Yeah - that's right.  I'm worldwide baby!!!  ha ha
Now granted - my numbers don't rank in the top gazillion lifters in the US - BUT I'm on my way and what are YOU going to do to stop me?  Or tell me that I can't?
Make fun of how I eat?
Make fun of how I spend my free time?
Tell me I'm crazy?
Tell me that I'll look like a boy?

nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Some people play soft ball, some people shop (don't worry - I still do that!!  Just for different stuff now!), some people run, some do yoga...
This is what I do now.
And I love it!

My mom told me I'm going to blow out my veins!!
I told her Elvis did that taking a dump!!!  hee hee

I'm having fun and my body looks better than ever and I'm HEALTHIER for it!!!
WHAT?!!


I raised my kid to be a strong loving passionate man,
I have a man that loves me,
I go to work every day and I love what I do,
I pay my bills and I pay taxes,
I have a loving family I know I can count on,
I have the best friends known to man,
My best friends are having babies for me (ha ha) 
(making me Aunt Tammy again!),
I eat healthy
I lift heavy
and one day, I will hold a RECORD!!!

WHAT WILL YOU LEAVE BEHIND
WHEN YOU ARE GONE?

If I inspire one person to be better tomorrow than they are today - I will die a happy woman!  :)

And as I said before...... I will be happy to talk to anyone about lifting, eating, NO CARB, motivation, passion.... HOW TO GET STARTED and how to stay on track!!!!

I LOVE THIS LIFE!
I have met some of the most amazing and inspirational people out there through this lifestyle!  I hope someone can say that about me one day!!

No comments: