Sunday, October 30, 2011

Back in time...

My favorite thing about having a blog is going back and reading old posts!!!
MAN I'm a fricking genius!  ha ha
Seriously though...
sometimes they make me laugh..
sometimes they make me cry...
sometimes they inspire me all over again!!

But I think the thing I enjoy the most is going back in time and actually FEELING what I felt when I wrote.

I may be sad today - but I can go back and read my love story all over again.  As often as I want.  Any time I want.  And even though that story may have ended, it doesn't make the story any less magic  :(
And I love that there are songs attached to most.  Music moves me.  And I can play those songs and it takes me back to the days on the couch when we did nothing but talk and listen and fall in love.  And some days I can take that and it PUSHES me through just one more day, but some days I can take that and it literally HURTS to the very core of my soul.

In another moment, I can flip through and read a post that reminds me of WHO I am and WHAT I stand for... and what I deserve in life.  Sometimes that makes me wonder how things went so wrong.  And sometimes it makes me wonder how they were ever right!!

But whatever path or emotion I choose, I can flip to another just to be reminded that God had a plan for me 3 years ago when I started this blog.  He had a plan for me when I met every single person I have met in the past 3 years of blogging.  He STILL today has a plan for me.  And I thank God he gave me the ability to put that on paper and share it with others... because .... well - some days I just need to read it.   And ironically enough... when I wrote it, when he gave me the words and the ability - someone out there needed to read it too!

Today - I found an old blog I had posted in response to another blog regarding my religious beliefs. Hello... God... are you there? It's a GREAT one!  :)   And I found this person's email and I emailed her back to follow up with her on things.  And OH how I hope I hear back.  But in that moment of reading that blog, I wondered.... how many people read that and dear God if there is one person that it touched, my purpose is complete!  And that my friends makes EVERYTHING all worth it.

So when I take some time, and travel back in time.... yeah, I may cry and I may hurt, but at the same time, it gives me hope and restores my faith in my God.  God can do anything.  And there is a plan bigger than us all.  No question about that!

Leaving you with this...
One of my favorites.... sorry to say it's one that is attached to a little sad memory... great song nonetheless.  And sad or not - in some weird way - it makes me smile.
"Faith hope and love abide, but the greatest of these is love"




2 comments:

Spilling Ink said...

And all I can say is bless you...

Scope said...

I know this is a stepping stone, not a stumbling block in your life.