Monday, March 7, 2011

I'm OUTTA here!!! {Part 1}

Well guys.....
I'm back  :)
After a quick, spur of the moment vacation - I'm back home safe and sound and ready to SPILL!!!
This post will be a 2-parter....

beginning today {part 1} with my FUN spontaneous road trip to FL!!!

I am a firm believer that things happen for a reason.  If you recall, Preacher T and I never took a honeymoon because right after our wedding, I started school.  PLUS I haven't seen a beach in ... oh, about 2 years.  and you MUST understand that my body begins to SHUT DOWN without some sunshine, and sand, and salt in the air.  So I have been DYING to get away.
But with school, and T's busy work schedule... and well - let's face it, FINANCES... it just hasn't been possible.

Enter my "spring break".  I realize in the real "grown-up" world, spring break is a fictional thing, but for one more time, while I'm a student, I get a spring break.  A break from real life (homework is not exempt though).  So I had decided in my head that the week of March 7-11 (spring break) I was going to a beach somewhere.  T had to work, ironically in Florida that week for bike week.  However, as we got closer to date, his schedule changed and turns out he would be leaving for FL Feb 27 - March 8.  The week BEFORE my spring break.... which would equal me leaving Friday the 4th to drive there, find a place to stay, he would be working Saturday and then if I was lucky I might get to have dinner with him Saturday night.    Not leaving much time for us.  But I was willing to do it.  Approximately 12 hours of driving to get to SEE the beach and possibly spend a little time with my hubby a couple of nights.

{are you still with me?}

So T left on the 27th.  (Sunday).  Me back at home with no real intention of doing anything at this point.  I still have one more week of school (clinicals) and I'm in such a dismay about the vacation that it's looking like I probably won't be going anywhere.  So off to school I went on the 28th.  Talked to T about how we wished my spring break was that week instead of the next week.  It was suggested that I ask my teacher to switch weeks, which I immediately shot down.  WHO DOES THAT?  It's not like schools make their schedules around ME?!!  lol
But..... lo and behold.... I finished up with school that Monday and headed home.  The more I thought about it, what could it hurt to ask.  Teacher would probably say no anyway.  But I called.  Explained my situation with my husband being out of town and asked if it would be ok for me to take the rest of that week for my spring break and then make up my clinical days the following week.  To my surprise, she had no problem with that.  I called my clinical site to verify they were ok with me changing weeks... which they were.
and BAM
it was DONE!
Just like that .....  with a few more phone calls to check on my house, take care of Z man, and take care of the animals.... it's done.
I couldn't wait to tell T....  I'm coming to Florida.
NOW!

quickest pack job EVER!!!
took Z man for a Blizzard, got some cash out for him while I was gone and OUT THE DOOR I went!!!!
9:30 PM I hit I-65 headed south.
on my 11-12 hour journey through the night!
I'm ALL ABOUT some road trip!  ;-)

8:30ish Tuesday morning, I'm rolling into Daytona Beach!  yippppeeeeeeee!

Sure Preacher T had to work but HELLO I'm in the sunshine state with pools and a beach and sand and SUN!!!  I'm old enough to go to the beach alone!  which I did! 

check out my friends!!  LOL
This little guy sat beside me the entire time, never moved!  And of course being that I was just laying on a towel on the sand I never relaxed.  Scared to death as soon as I shut my eyes, he would crawl across my legs!!!  But at the same time, I felt guilty shooing the poor thing off.  So I sat with him.... for over two hours!  LOL










Then this loud mouth bird kept coming over to visit.  Oddly enough I wondered if the lizard hung out with me to keep the bird from eating him!  LOL   I don't know - do the birds eat lizards?  I made myself his guardian.  And when I finally had to leave the beach, I felt almost like I was leaving him to die.  YES - I know I'm insane, but that's alot of time to be alone with no one to really talk to!  ha ha    I created a story!  :)





Anyway - after all was said and done - I put in around 24 total hours of driving time and did about 1500 miles round trip all by myself.  Now ask me... how deep IS my love???  
{for the beach or for Preacher T?)  LOL
Was it worth it?????  HECK yeah it was  :)    I got to spend time with my husband, had dinner with our friends, I got sun, breathed in the salt and sat on the beach and watched the ocean.  It was JUST what this girl needed.... and just when I needed it most!

and now.... I'm back home in Kentucky!  {Freezing my BUTT off!!}
NOT Ready to go back to real life!

{{stay tuned for Part 2 of my trip tomorrow......if I can bring myself to publish it....}}

No comments: